Design/Quantity Surveying Management
- Review drawings and specifications, architectural and engineering for the purpose of advising onsite conditions.
- Prepare cost estimates for the overall construction scope of works.
- Assist the owner to bring down costs without comprising the quality and integrity of the building.
- Prepare preliminary schedule and compare with the owner’s schedule.
- Prepare all tender/bid documents: complete drawings and specifications, bill of quantities form, excluded items list, and invitation to bid, and instruction to bidders.
- Facilitate the bidding process to ensure completeness of the tender/bid packages and avoid overlapping of proposed breakdown of works.
- Submit recommendations on proposed breakdown of contract works and owner supplied materials, including list of suggested contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Assist in the evaluation of bids submitted for the project.
- Facilitation of bid conference.
- Prepare draft contracts and notice of awards (or notice to proceed) to the winning contractor.
- Arrange pre-construction meetings with the owner, the designer/consultant, and the contractor.
- Certify advance payment requests by the contractor.
- Consolidate all contract documents (favorable to all parties) for the signing of the contract.
- Check insurance and bonds submitted by the contractor, prior to the construction phase.